During the Even If sermon series, Pastor David reminded us that even if depression sets in, God has a response. If you or someone you love is struggling, here is a list of resources you can look to as you step forward.
- Downcast: Biblical and Medical Hope for Depression – by Jennifer Huang Harris, MD; Harold G. Koenig, MD; & John R. Peteet, MD
- First Aid for Your Emotional Hurts: Depression – by Edward E. Moddy, Jr., PhD
- How You Can Survive When They’re Depressed: Living and Coping with Depression Fallout – by Anne Sheffield
- I Love Jesus, But I Want to Die: Finding Hope in the Darkness of Depression – by Sarah J. Robinson
- https://kaywarren.com/depression/ – Depression resources from Kay Warren (Kay cofounded Saddleback Church with her husband, Rick Warren)
WATCH: Pastor David’s message about God’s response to depression
We also partner with New Creation Counseling Center, which is staffed with licensed counselors, all of whom have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and apply Christian principles in helping their clients. To request help from New Creation please begin by calling the intake office at (937) 667-4678.