During the Even If sermon series, Pastor David reminded us that even if depression sets in, God has a response. If you or someone you love is struggling, here is a list of resources you can look to as you step forward.
- Downcast: Biblical and Medical Hope for Depression – by Jennifer Huang Harris, MD; Harold G. Koenig, MD; & John R. Peteet, MD
- First Aid for Your Emotional Hurts: Depression – by Edward E. Moddy, Jr., PhD
- How You Can Survive When They’re Depressed: Living and Coping with Depression Fallout – by Anne Sheffield
- I Love Jesus, But I Want to Die: Finding Hope in the Darkness of Depression – by Sarah J. Robinson
- https://kaywarren.com/depression/ – Depression resources from Kay Warren (Kay cofounded Saddleback Church with her husband, Rick Warren)
We also partner with New Creation Counseling Center, which is staffed with licensed counselors, all of whom have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and apply Christian principles in helping their clients. To request help from New Creation please begin by calling the intake office at (937) 667-4678.